Sunshine Medical Centers offers a number of specialty procedures on-site, including IV therapies. Health recovery requires a strong immune system and a body cleared of pollutants and infections. IV treatments help boost the immune system, detoxify harmful metals and chemicals from the body, and replenish essential nutrients for the body. These services are provided in a comfortable and nurturing environment so you can relax while you receive your treatments.
What is Intravenous (IV) Therapy and why is it used?
IV therapy involves giving a nutritional or therapeutic substance directly into a vein in an arm that will quickly enter the blood stream. IV administration provides a quick, direct, and effective method for the body to absorb and utilize therapeutic substances. These therapies can be formulated for specific health challenges, mobilizing nutrients into cells by means of a high concentration gradient and delivering higher doses than by mouth without intestinal irritation or limited absorption due to gastrointestinal disorders.
What conditions may benefit from IV Therapy?
- Autoimmune Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cold and flu
- Infectious and Viral Diseases
- Low Energy and Fatigue
- Muscle Spasms
- Neurological Disease
Safety and Side Effects
Practitioners have been using many of these treatments for years. Like any treatment, nutritional and other therapeutic IVs carry some risk, but your safety is a priority and every effort will be made to ensure your safety. Your physician will help you consider the risks and benefits of therapy. It is important to inform your physician of any possible allergies you may have prior to your treatment. Being well hydrated and having a stable glucose level will definitely make the treatment more comfortable. All patients are continually monitored by the Lab staff while getting treatments to provide a safe and comfortable experience.
Nutritional IVs use vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that are administered directly into the vein. The IV use of nutrients bypasses the gastrointestinal (GI) tract to avoid GI side effects and gain quick absorption.
Types of Nutritional IV Application
- Amino Acids: Specialty lab testing may indicate the need to provide essential amino acids for the body to support brain and organ functions.
- Glutathione: Glutathione plays a key role in detoxification in the body and for effective immune response. It also plays a critical role in the development of an effective immune response when there is a need for higher concentrations of antioxidants.
- Magnesium & B Vitamins: This treatment treats fatigue, fibromyalgia, migraines, muscle spasms, addiction, PMS, and PTSD symptoms. Patients with these conditions and symptoms are often depleted in these vitamins.
- Myers Cocktail: This treatment is beneficial for acute asthma attacks, migraines, fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, acute muscle spasms, upper respiratory infections, sinusitis, seasonal allergic rhinitis, and helpful in boosting adrenal support. Patients who have received this treatment claim to receive immediate relaxation and release of anxiety. Treatment may include 8-16 vitamins and minerals including B5, B6, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Potassium, Zinc, Taurine and Selenium.
- Vitamin C: This therapy is an adjunctive treatment for cancer, ideal for toxicity, hepatitis, mononucleosis and other chronic viruses, fatigue and weakness, and immune system problems. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and promotes healing. It is more effective to take intravenously if one is ill and needs a higher dose.
- Vitamins & Minerals: This therapy boosts the immune system and helps to treat nutrient deficient diets, malabsorption issues, diarrhea, and fluid loss combining 15 ingredients including Vitamins B and C, along with minerals such as Potassium and Zinc.