At Sunshine Medical Centers, we take an integrative approach to healthcare, which requires a determination to identify the root causes of illness and seek treatments that go beyond symptom treatment and relief. This requires a sophisticated array of tests for blood, urine, stool and saliva that can provide the diagnostic capacity to “drill down” and evaluate multiple factors simultaneously. We make a wide array of national lab testing available and use convenient labs like Lab Corp.
- Allergy Tests: If you feel as if your food is making you sick, tired or fatigued, an allergy test can identify your sensitivities to foods and additives that may trigger potentially harmful immune reactions.
- Hormone Tests: Cortisol, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone are some of the key hormones that regulate our physiology and behavior. Specialty labs can identify specific levels of hormones using both blood and saliva.
- Nutritional Tests: Sunshine Medical Centers works with many different labs to identify metabolic imbalances that may contribute to underlying chronic conditions. Testing may include core nutrients, antioxidants, B vitamins, digestive support, essential fatty acids, amino acids and minerals. Numerous tests are also available for celiac and gluten sensitivities.
- Toxins: We can become sick after acute or chronic exposure to toxins in our food, homes, outdoor and/or in the personal products we use. Mold, heavy metals (such as mercury) and air pollution are but a few toxins that can make us sick or prevent us from healing.
Genetic testing looks at genes to identify information about hereditary medical conditions in your family, such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease, as well as your risks for other health concerns such as insomnia and low energy.
These genetic tests identify changes in chromosomes, genes or proteins. Getting to the genetic root cause provides important data to prevent and treat chronic medical conditions and psychiatric disorders. Genetic testing will confirm or rule out suspected genetic conditions and risk factors.
We offer many useful genetic test panels that help address the whole health picture of the patient such as:
- MTHFR (methylation pathways)
- BRAC1/BRAC2 (breast cancer)
- Pharmacogenetic Testing (PGx), for your unique genetic response to medication
- Cardiogenomics for heart risk factors
- Alpha 1 for AAT deficiency
Genetic tests expose the vulnerabilities but also provide what kind of treatment or preventive measures such as lifestyle and dietary changes should be implemented for long-term health and effective.
Other Types of Medical Testing
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Diet Plans
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Bracing
- Food Allergy and Sensitivity Testing
- Gut Health Testing
- Headache Relief
- Hormone and Thyroid Testing
- Joint and Trigger Point Injections
- Joint Injections (PRP, Wharton's Jelly with Mesenchymal Stem)